By the late-2000's, Audi had made great strides from their 1990s models to bring drivers a more capable, longer lasting driving machine. While the service plans for 2007-2008 models are much like those for 2004-2006 models, there are some variations, so read closely. For model specific notes, if a year is not specified, assume it applies to all year models in this category.
Audi Service at 5,000 miles and subsequent 20,000 mile intervals
This is the shortest of the service task lists included in regular maintenance for your Audi. This task list will be used as a building block for your other Audi service appointments.
- Change oil and replace oil filter,
- Check wiper, washer, and headlight washer adjustment and function; add fluid if necessary,
- check wiper arm pivot points,
- Check tires, including spare, for pressure and wear,
- Check brakes for damage or leaks, brake pads for thickness, and brake fluid level, and
- Reset service reminder (except for '07 and '08 Q7, and '08 TT, A5, S5 and R8)
At 5,000 miles only, you will also need to rotate your tires.
Audi Service at 15,000 miles & subsequent 40,000 mile intervals
Audi service at 15,000 miles includes the items on the maintenance task list for the 5,000 mile checklist as well as the following:
- Check cooling system; add fluid if necessary,
- Check exhaust system for damage or leaks,
- Check fault memory for on-board diagnostics (Except in the Audi Q7),
- Check engine compartment for leaks,
- Check battery electrolyte level and add if necessary,
- Replace dust and pollen filter,
- Check transmission and final drive for leaks,
- Check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends on your front axle,*
- Check drive shaft boots,
- Check the horn,
- check the underbody for leaks, and
- Take a road test to ensure your Audi is functioning to the best of its ability.
*Note: This is not necessary for 2008 Audi Q7, TT, A5, S5 and R8.
Model Specific Maintenance:
- On the 2007 A8, 2008 A8 and S8 only, check all lights for functionality and brightness, lubricate doors, and check straps.
- For the 2007 TT, 2008 TT, and 2008 A3, you will also need to change the oil for your Haldex Clutch.
- If you have a sunroof, clean the guide rails and lubricate rails with grease spray.
- At 55,000 miles only except 3.2L VR6 and 6.0L engines: Replace spark plugs.
- At 55,000 miles only for A3, A4, A6, S6, S8, Audi Q7 3.6L and A8 4.2L: Clean housing and replace air filter.
- For the RS4 only, check the condition of the ribbed v belt and tensioner and replace if necessary.
- For the 2007 A4 and A6, and 2008 A4, A5, S5 and A6 only, clean the snow screen that comes with the air filter.
- For the 2007 A8 and 2008 A8 and S8 only, lubricate the rear lid hinges.
Audi Maintenance at 35,000 Miles and 75,000 Miles
This is the most extensive service appointment you will make for basic maintenance on your Audi. It includes all of the elements of your Audi maintenance at 15,000 miles as well as the following tasks:
- Change ATF in your Continuously Variable Transmission,
- Check power steering fluid and add if necessary,
- Check all lights and headlight adjustment (Except Audi Q7, TT, R8, A5 and S5),
- l=Lubricate doors and check straps,
- Check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends on your front axle,
- Clean your air filter housing and replace the filter itself (except for the A4 and A8), and
- At 75,000 miles only, replace ribbed v belt (see model specific maintenance for notes).
For 2008 models, also check brake disc thickness and interior lights.
Model Specific Maintenance:
- For the 2007 A3, change the oil and replace the filter in your DSG (direct shift gearbox). You'll also need to change the oil and the filter in your Haldex Clutch.
- For 2008 Audi Q7, TT, A5, S5 and R8 only, check lights using instrument cluster.
- For the 2008 A3 and TT only,change oil and replace filter element in the S Tronic.
- For the A4, A4 Avant, A4 Cabriolet, S4, S4 Avant, S4 Cabriolet, A6 and A8: Remove the cover to the plenum panel to check water drains and clean if necessary.
- If your Audi features a front sunroof, be sure to open the sunroof to check front water drain and clean if necessary.
- At 75,000 miles for the 1.8T, 3.0L and 4.2L V8 except Allroad V8 and S4, replace the timing belt. For the 2.7L turbo, also replace the Timing Belt Tensioning System.
- Change your spark plugs at 35,000 and 75,000 miles for 3.2L VR6 and 6.0L engines only.
- Ribbed V Belt: For the 3.2L VR6 and 3.0L V6, you'll only need to check the condition, not fully replace the belt.
- Clean the housing and replace the air filter at 35,000 miles for the RS4 and A8 6.0L. Do the same at 75,000 mils for the RS4, Audi Q7 4.2Land A8 6.0L.
- At 75,000 miles for the 2007 (2.0 TFSI, 3.2L, 4.2L FSI and 5.2L only) and 2008 (2.0L, 3.2L, 4.2L FSI and 5.2L only), check the condition of the ribbed v belt and tensioner and retension if necessary. for the S4 for both years, replace these elements.
Audi Maintenance Regardless of Mileage and Other Exceptions:
Every two years, replace your brake fluid. For the Audi A4 Cabriolet cloth top, check the function and rollover protection every two years.
At 110K miles (175,000 km) replace the timing belt in the 2.0 TFSI engine only. Check condition of timing belt tensioning system, dampening pulleys, and idler pulleys and replace if necessary (2.0 TFSI engine only).